Largest collection of dolls & teddy bears in 150 display cases
and the largest research library of related books in the world
World’s Largest Artist One-of-a-Kind
Doll & Teddy Bear Convention
(for collectors and anyone who appreciates art)
(128 Participating Artists –
Among the Leading & Most Renowned Artists)
April 30 - May 2, 2015
Clarion Hotel & Convention Center
Near the Philadelphia International Airport
(free shuttle to the convention hotel)
- Eight (8) buffet meals, nightly cocktails, all day refreshments, and activities are ALL FREE
- The $195 registration fee goes entirely to the cost of advertising and supplies
- Socialize with 128 of the leading doll and teddy bear artists – get their autographs and take photos with them
- First time attendee tables to meet other first timers and to learn what to expect each day of the convention
- The only doll or teddy bear event that offers you a money back guarantee of such a unique experience and receiving the most for your money
- Agenda and registration forms are available December 1, 2014
- Optional Thursday Workshops include meals, which making many Workshops FREE
- Workshop Student Gallery – view many of the pieces made by students at the Workshops
- Sale and Judging of Signed One-of-a-Kind Artist Dolls & Teddy Bears for the Helen Bullard and Beverly Port Awards for Excellence with FREE cocktails
- FREE banquet in the evening with an Introduction to Major Artist Doll & Bear Organizations & Events
- Full day of concurrent multi-track presentations, demonstrations and collector discussion groups are all FREE
- Six (6) galleries of signed, one-of-a-kind artist dolls, teddy bears and handmade creations for sale:
- Doll and bear pins or necklaces
- Dolls and bears decorated or made with beads
- Miniature dolls and bears (4” or less – head to foot)
- Mythological dolls and bears
- Doll and bear purses or tote bags
- Robot and Steampunk dolls and bears
- Collector & Artist Market Place to buy, sell and trade doll and bear supplies, do-dads & silly things for creating dolls/bears
- Create your own Shopping Guide for describing “What Makes Each Artist in Attendance and Their Pieces Unique”
- Discount Coupon Raffle to win coupons to buy any piece from your favorite artists at a discount
- Largest Artist Doll & Teddy Bear Sale with 128 artist tables (open to the public on Saturday)
- Two (2) hours of early admission to the Artist Doll & Teddy Bear Sale with FREE cocktails served
- Third (3rd) hour of early admission to the Artist Doll & Teddy Bear Sale before it opens to the public
- FREE refreshments all day for everyone and FREE door prizes for the public
- FREE cocktails and banquet dinner, which includes the announcement of the Beverly Port and Helen
Bullard Award winners. Relive the convention while viewing pictures of the previous three days
For convention information, contact the Susan Quinlan Doll & Teddy Bear Museum at (805) 687-8901 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For convention details & registration forms, go to www.quinlanmuseum.com/convention
To read what others have said about the
convention, click HERE.
Why Visit This Museum?
What makes this Museum unique in the world of dolls and teddy
bears? No other museum in the world offers all of these features
• One of the largest doll museums in the U.S.
• Largest teddy bear museum in the U.S.
• Largest doll and teddy bear library in the world
• Most frequent visitor response: “I need to come back. There is
just so much to see.”
• Admission includes option of a personally conducted tour by the owner,
• Classical background music
• Free tea and coffee after viewing the Museum Galleries
• Hand-painted wall-to-wall, ceiling-to-floor murals
• Voted “best display cases”
• Handicapped accessible
• One of the best educational websites
News & Events
Major Museum Expansion – Why It Took Two Years
After being closed for two years, the Susan Quinlan Doll & Teddy Bear Museum is now open again. To read about the horrific journey they encountered to expand their number of display cases from 80 to 150 cases, click HERE.
Museum’s First Revolving Display
Since 2005 the museum only had room for permanent displays. There was no room for revolving displays where the content of the cases could be changed periodically with new dolls and teddy bears that were sitting in storage. With the new cases recently installed, there is a large section of cases used entirely for revolving displays. The first revolving display is called “Toys of Our Childhood” that covers toys of the 20th century. The display is based on the toys that have been inducted into the National Toy Hall of Fame at the Strong Museum, and includes additions from the Quinlan Museum collection.
New Doll & Teddy Bear Artist Section
There is also another section among the new cases reserved for displaying artist dolls and teddy bears. Most visitors to the museum have never heard of one-of-a-kind dolls and teddy bears that are made mostly by women artists. Now they can see in one place a heavy concentration of pieces made by many of the best doll and bear artists in the world. It is an art gallery within a museum. If you are inclined to support an industry that is dominated by women, this would be a good one to get behind. Drop into the museum anytime it is open and Susan Quinlan will be happy to give you a crash course on artist dolls and teddy bears. One distinct advantage to collecting the work of contemporary artists is that you can actually meet them and discuss their work and their inspirations with them. The best place to really learn about them, to meet the artists in person, and to see the largest display of their work in the world, is to attend the Quinlan’s Annual Artist Doll & Teddy Bear Convention in Philadelphia the first weekend in May.
What People Said About Their Visit to the Museum
Are you thinking about visiting the Susan Quinlan Museum in the near future? Do you want to read what visitors are saying about their experiences at the Museum, and this was when only 3,000+ of the dolls and teddy bears in the collection were on display and before the Quinlans increased the number of display cases at the Museum from 80 to 150 cases. Click HERE.
Convention “Blue Crew” Spells “Success”
From left to right: Julia Fleener (daughter), Tom & Cindi (mother) Fleener; Susan (with “Me Too”) & Terry Quinlan; Chris & Bob Quinlan; John & Sue Fleener
The reason that the Quinlan’s Artist Doll & Teddy Bear Convention in Philadelphia each year runs so smoothly is due entirely to the “Blue Crew”. The Quinlans and their relatives from California and Washington, otherwise known as the “Blue Crew”, did their best again to make sure the 2014 convention ran smoothly, stuck to the schedule, ran on time, minimized problems, and resolved any issues of the collectors and artists. Don’t take our word for it. This is what past convention attendees have said about them:
“…And not to forget the hard-working Blue Crew...they are all very helpful...even in trying times, they keep their cool and provide much needed information and directions to various events. I will say that Bob is the friendliest and happiest guy even when things go wrong, he makes it seem like a cakewalk.” – Wanda Carson, Bear Artist
“We loved talking with your family..they are super sweet!!” – Jamie and Scott Fogel, Bear Collectors
“The hospitality and grace and patience that both of you and the Blue Crew share with the attendees of the event is outstanding.” – Gwen Jackson, Doll Artist
“Your Blue Crew does a wonderful job and they are always polite, even when asked the same question 125 times!” – Jane Woodard, Bear Artist
New Dollhouses and Miniatures Book by
The Susan Quinlan Doll & Teddy Bear Museum & Library recently published the first of a series of doll and teddy bear related books. It is entitled “Reference Guide to Research on Dollhouses and Miniatures” by Susan Quinlan. It is the largest and most comprehensive reference book of its kind on dollhouses, miniatures and related topics. For more information about the book or how to order a copy, click HERE.
Free Registration in Our Artist Doll & Teddy Bear Club
The Susan Quinlan Museum has established the only known Artist Doll & Teddy Bear Club. Enrollment is free. The purpose of the Club is to create a forum for those interested in the collection and creation of artist dolls or teddy bears in order to make it easier for you to enjoy and have fun in your pursuit of common interests. Some of the member benefits are periodical issues of the Club Newsletter, discounted admission to our annual Artist Doll & Teddy Bear Show & Sale, Doll & Teddy Bear Survey participation, etc.. For more information, click HERE.